Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year Promises

OH wow!!! So I have not blogged since September but it really does not feel like it has been that long. When you have a wedding to plan, a honeymoon to go on, a Master's program to complete, conferences & "progress reports", and end-of-semester-craziness to finish, the months just shoot right on by. 

But I am back, baby! I still have my Master's program and general work stuff to do but the wedding and honey moon are done! Whew! 

What they don't tell you about a wedding is how fast it is over with. It seems as though you spend countless hours and an embarrassing amount of money for something that is so beautiful and over in the blink of an eye. Needless to say, it was totally worth it. I wish I could suspend time, though, and stay in that moment for a little longer. 
I will give you a little treat of the loveliness captured by Haley Sheffield. *Sigh*




                         
   

                   

After the wedding, we went to Universal Studios for five days. Boy! Was that fun. I finally was able to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We also went out a few times and had lots of random fun. 

But on to what this post is really about...
The new year seems to be all about starting over and coming up with resolutions and promises to be a better you. I see a lot of memes over social media that are giving a huge eye roll about this. I have to admit, I sometimes agree that it can be annoying and pointless to see the same resolutions over and over again but it is fun. Here is my list of cliched resolutions that I hope to fulfill in the new year. 

This is not my photograph, I found it on Tumblr and could not find the original source.

1. Obviously, I need to be a better blogger and at least post weekly! I also want to start posting more things that are meaningful to you teachers. Things you can actually use and implement in the classroom. So here is to hoping. If you have any advice or feedback, let me know!
2. I am a procrastinator. I will admit it. That's the first step to admitting you have a problem, right?! I would like to be better prepared in all aspects of my life: as a mother, a wife, and a teacher. I feel as though I am always one step behind. It is due to my laziness and procrastination that I do this. I will wait until the last minute to clean up, give K a bath, do my lesson plans, or even my school work. So this is it...the year I am going to be better prepared. I think I will start tomorrow. ;)
3. Here's the old cliche resolution. I want to be more active. I am not saying I want to start getting fit to the point where I am competing in competitions or anything (which is awesome btw), I just would like to move more and get outside more rather than sitting on the couch like always. Maybe learn how to hike and be one with nature? Maybe.
4. I love my friends, I really do. I just feel as though I am stuck in content zone right now. I would like to get out of my comfort zone and meet new people who I have not given a chance or a second thought. It also would be nice to have a few new friends that are not just mine or E's. Maybe friends that are ours.
5. Now this one is just silly. But seriously... who is A? I am watching PLL for the *cough3rdcough* time and there are so many clues and details that I am starting to think I am A. Give us some answers, darnit!

What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comments or post a link to your site with your list! :)


PS: since it is the end of the year and the end of a reign, let me take a moment to say goodbye to the 11th doctor. Bow ties will forever be cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment