Friday, September 20, 2013

Five for Friday!

OMG! I am so excited that it is Friday! Here is another Five for Friday post!

1. Tomorrow is Saturday and we are headed to Music Midtown! If you know me, then you know that I LOVE Tegan and Sara. I have seen them several times and it never gets old. We also get to see another band that I have been wanting to see for like ever: the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Karen O is a dream boat! There are many more bands but I don't want to brag or anything. ;)

2. Yesterday was International Talk Like a Pirate day which I had no idea about until that morning. I dropped all of my plans and threw together some pirate fun at the last minute! It was FUN!!! We read "Pirates Don't Change Diapers", made pirate hats and eye patches, dug for treasure with our special treats, and drew a treasure map! ARGGG WHAT FUN!





To make the snack: get 2 boxes of shape treats (they were $1 at Kroger!), Twizlers, and Oreos. Put two shapes at the bottom, crush Oreos and put them on top, then make an X with the Twizlers. Afterall, X marks the spot.
*This was a great way to teach the letter X, teaching about maps, and we even added a little shape recognition in there.

3. I don't know about you, but my kids were CRAZYYYY this week. We needed a lot of dancing and fun in order to calm ourselves down. I like to show a video I made in college to remind them of making good choices and consequences. It is a song that I wrote with a friend. It is very catchy....you've been warned.


The kids loved it! We  even made our own version for parents with us singing and dancing.

4. We have been talking about shoes this month and one of the quick activities we did was Shoe Graphing. I got out a long piece of butcher paper and labeled three different types of shoes: sandals, sneakers, and slip-ons. We talked about each type of shoe and decided to see what shoe was in our classroom the most! I am going to blog more about it next week so here is a sneek peek!


5. Kinley had a school get together that showed us what she does at school! It was so cute to see all of the fun things she does and what she likes to do the best. She remembered the class rules, how to make a magnet sensory bottle, and hold scissors. AWWW! This makes me happy for next year when she will be in Pre-K at my school. Mom is proud! :) 



4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashli! LOVE your pirate ideas and the shoe graph! and... Your precious little girl! :) She looks so proud!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashli! I hope you can use the apple ideas and would love to be featured on your blog! I love Tegan and Sara as well, but have not had the opportunity to see them.
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I have a save-the-date GA bloggers announcement to send you, but I couldn't find your email. Please send it if you want to be added to the email list for updates. Thanks! Jayne (jaynestamp@cox.net)
    Smart Kids
    ABCs of Reading

    ReplyDelete